Sunday, December 21, 2014

Holiday Wishes!

During this holiday season, I wish you a day as peaceful as I experienced last Saturday at The New York Botanical Garden, filled with….. 









Undisturbed solitude








Smooth transitions



                                                         Delightful companions



And a line of poetry that touches your soul

(Former United States Poet Laureate, Billy Collins, read selections from his newest collection, Aimless Love. His poems are dotted throughout the Garden during the holiday season.) 


Watercoloring
by Billy Collins

The sky began to tilt, 
a shift of light toward the higher clouds,
so I seized my brush
and dipped my little cup in the stream,

but once I streaked the paper gray
with a hint of green,
water began to slide down the page,
rivulets looking for a river.

And again, I was too late--
then the sky made anther turn,
this time as if to face a mirror
held in the outstretched arm of a god.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics