Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tribeca Family Festival


"New York City has tons of street fairs, but this is the best!" I overheard one man say to another as he maneuvered a stroller through the crowd. Since this was my first street fair, I didn't have anything to compare it to, but I was already having a great time!  Within five minutes of entering Greenwich Street, I had been given a free bag of pretzels and package of hummus, a free Tribeca Family Festival tote bag and  seen a quartet of very tall, mysterious ladies draped in black, writhing like snakes atop matching black pedestals.  Could it get any better than this?


I made my way down the street, open only to pedestrians, except for Spiderman who flew in
by web,




and Dot the Firedog who entered on her vintage firetruck.




By the time I had finished my hummus, bought T-shirts for grandchildren, and debated about a "Manicure in Minutes," I arrived at my ultimate destination. . .

















       Booth 19, 
With two campuses located in the Financial District, it is a private, independent school for students from all over the NYC area.
















My husband Drew, Léman's Headmaster, was in front of the booth eagerly meeting and greeting.






















Léman students performed for passersby.





 











The Léman Bull practiced his poses.
                                                                                                                                                          
                                                                                                           





And the Léman logo flourished as never before.  
(on Brylee Maxfield, Communications Manager)










Leaving the Léman booth, headed towards home, I had walked only a block when a friendly guy with a huge baseball head waved to me.

Then the Sabra hummus guy handed me three more packages of hummus.  Could it get any better than this?  I doubt it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous festival. Loved the photos of Drew and your descriptions of the event. I'll put it on my list of events to attend next year.

    ReplyDelete

Web Analytics